This is the NASO top management body that sits at least once a year. It has the power to:
- Amend and supplement the Articles of Association;
- Elect and remove the Board members;
- Decide to transform or terminate the Alliance;
- Adopt the general guidelines and programmes for developing the Alliance;
- Approve the NASO budget;
- Accept the Board reports.
The General Assembly shall be convened by the Board or at the request of one-third of the NASO members. The invitation letter must include important details such as the agenda, date, time and place of the General Assembly.
The General Assembly is legitimate if more than half of all the members attend it. In the absence of a quorum, it shall be adjourned by one hour and may be held as many members as may appear.
The General Assembly takes decisions by a simple majority.