The National Alliance for Social Responsibility National Awards were presented at a special ceremony during the gala dinner on June 19. The Alliance awarded its 25th Anniversary Award to Mr. Luk Zelderloo, for his overall contribution to the implementation of policies for social development and a better life in Bulgaria. NASO honored Dr. Marina Stefanova with the title “NASO Ambassador of Partnership and Success”.
Mr. Luk Zelderloo also received the great distinction of the Ministry of Labour and Social Policy – an honorary plaque and a certificate. On behalf of the Municipality of Varna, Ms. Tanya Vassileva, Director of the Directorate of Social Activities, presented the honorary badge, while the Deputy Mayor, Mr. Georgi Tityukov, presented the honorary award of the Municipality of Plovdiv.
Mr. Luk Zelderloo is a prominent and leading European leader and expert in the field of European social policies and services, an active partner and member of Councils and other bodies of the European Parliament, the European Commission and other EU structures, with a significant contribution to the development of modern European partnerships and social policies, including in Bulgaria.
Over the last 25 years Mr. Zelderloo has been a leading personality and professional, contributing to Bulgaria’s accession to the EU and providing European support for the implementation of European projects and the development of new social policies and practices in Bulgaria, including:
- Initiator and participant in European support for the deinstitutionalization of social services for children in Bulgaria;
- Implementation of significant projects for the development of social services and introduction of quality criteria for their work;
- Capacity building for the work of social service providers and establishment of a national network and partnership between them and the MLSP;
- Active partnership and support for the municipalities in Bulgaria as main providers of social services;
- Initiator of the first National Social Services Forum in Bulgaria and regular active participant in its annual running for 20 years;
- Participant in a number of national events and initiatives of the MLSP and its structures;Mr. Zelderloo’s continued participation in the work of the European Parliament and the European Commission, proves the importance and usefulness of his work and expertise.